I feel I have met the outcome #3 (Critically reflect on and articulate concepts on modality, pedagogy, and access, including distributed and open learning theory, online and open learning history, privacy laws, online learning communities, open research, and open data) through several different ways during this course. 

I think my blog post #1 shows my development in meeting this outcome. I reflected on distributed and open learning theory, privacy laws, open research and open data. Here are a few comments I left on my partner’s Emily, Hannah and Riannes posts on this topic:

My group also reflected and articulated several of these concepts in our pod project. (link)

In this chart you can see my group considered distributed and open environments. 

Here are a few snippets from our pitch which also support the development of meeting this outcome:

Here we talked a bit more about modality, online learning community and access.

As for privacy laws and open data, I reflected about this to some of my pod members here:

One reading that really stood out to me in regards to this learning out come is Teaching Online – A Guide to Theory, Research, and Practice. My Aha! Moment was the Alex Couros section about open courses. Hearing his story began forming my new understanding of open learning. 

From completing these activities, my understanding of all of the concepts has certainly evolved. I now understand privacy laws and open data as a bigger part of my online presence/usage than I once thought. I never realized just how much data about me my school alone has access to. I now also have a better understanding of open learning history, as well as the distributed and open learning theory. 

As a future educator, it is super important to me to stay on top of everything going on in the educational world. I hope to be the best I can at my job and I believe technology and the online learning community has a lot to offer learners, so staying educated on the topic is essential for me. I really appreciate the amount of content I have learned in the course, especially when it comes to privacy, as I want to incorporate open learning into my future classrooms (now that I know the benefits) I also want to do it safely.